CKRA Message Forum
 KA100
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

DavidKalb

USA
1413 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2018 :  19:03:09  Show Profile  Visit DavidKalb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If anyone is considering running KA100 this season and needs a motor, you should buy now while the special price of $1695 is on until February.

I think running these would be a blast at Thompson.

IEnglish

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2018 :  14:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How many senior 2 cycle guys are buying these? We would think about getting one if they were not going to be restricted. Lot of money to spend to go slower.
Go to Top of Page

Derek White

British Indian Ocean Territories
133 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2018 :  17:44:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd consider getting one, but it wouldn't be until the summer. I saw them in Daytona and they're a pretty neat package. I think it'd be pretty tough to achieve parity without running the KA at 415#+ or restricting it; which to me takes away a lot of the appeal. For reference Daytona is about a 7/10th mile track and the KA (@360#) was 1.9 seconds slower than the IAME X30, but 1.6 seconds faster than a Yamaha Can (@340#). I'd also hate for 2 or 3 of these to ruin the current 2 cycle class and make anyone with a Yamaha feel like they need to go buy a KA to compete. Ideally 4 or more of these show up and run their own class, or none show up.

Edited by - Derek White on 01/21/2018 17:48:50
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Championship Kart Racing Association, Inc. Forums © 2017 Championship Kart Racing Association, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Visit us on Facebook Snitz Forums 2000